Saturday, October 10, 2009

Prayers Needed

I post this with a heavy heart today. I've been away from the blog world for awhile. We've just had a lot going on here. My post today isn't about me. It's for a dear friend. Maggie Medvitz. She's 2 1/2 and is going home for hospice care after a 4 month battle with brain cancer (ATRT). The prognosis for this rare agressive cancer is...simply put...horrible, if you are under the age of 3. For some reason, after 3 the odds of survival are 80%.
Unfortunately my friend Maggie was diagnosed when she was 2 and 4 mos. she has endured more than I, as an adult, would be able to put up with. Lived in a hospital for over 3 months and is how she has spent the last few months of her tragically shortened life. We still pray for a miracle, but I am asking for prayers to ease her and her families suffering.
You may read Maggie's story and her mother's inspirational daily posting's here.

Photobucket

2 Shout Out:

Jen said...

Oh Lisa, this story makes my heart hurt :( I will of course be praying for Maggie. Makes you wonder what the point of it all is when horrible stuff like this happens to the little ones.

Macey said...

This is horrible. I'll be praying.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin