Sunday, August 30, 2009

John Kennedy had it...

Sooooo, I'm taking Callahan to the vet for his rabies shot when an older lady walks in with her 2 basset hounds. One of whom promptly climbs up onto Kelly (uh, she's 3) who's just sitting on the waiting bench, and the lady sits next to Kelly saying nothing to her dog. Her dog with the big paws. Her dog who is extremely friendly, but has put his front paws on Kell.
WTF?! I would never ever let me dog get up on someone, much less a small child. Even if that child seems comfortable around dogs. So I put my arm around Kelly while saying it's okay honey the dog isn't trying to hurt you, he just wants to say hello.

Well, since I left my brick at home and couldn't drop it on this woman. I promptly showed her how my dog was made to sit...when the next person came in. Clearly saying by example..."I have a puppy and even HE doesn't just climb and jump all over people. "

Next the basset hound lady starts telling me all about her dogs:


BHL: "Poor Duchess she has to come every month for her shot"

Me: "Oh?! What does she get a shot for?"

BHL: "She has Addison's Disease"

Me: "I'm not familiar with that. What is it?"
BHL: "John Kennedy* had it"

Crickets Chirping

Yup, still chirping and now she notices the {still} confused look on my face.

Me: "Uhhhhhhh....."

BHL: "It's an adrenal problem. She gets a steroid for it."

Me: "Whatever."



Okay, so I didn't say whatever. But I really really wanted to.


*When did the answer of John Kennedy {the President, not JohnJohn} had it, actually tell someone anything about anything? Holy shit!! Was this really meant to explain what the disease is? Does this woman think everyone in America knows every detail of every Kennedy that ever existed. Not to mention the man was killed right after I was born. Do I look old enough to even have a fascination with John Kennedy and the fact that he had Addison's disease?!

Google Addison's disease. Go on, I'll wait. No, nevermind, I'll just tell you. John Kennedy isn't even mentioned. Now if you Google "John Kennedy Addison's disease", sure you'll pick up some stuff on him.

So this lady just really irked me with her ill behaved canine's and then the whole Kennedy thing. Sheesh.



Sometimes I really can't stand being friendly. Somedays I'd really like to be Sophia from The Golden Girls. Then I would've just said something like. "Hey Lady...you're obnoxious dog is crawling all over my kid. You don't see me letting my kid crawl and slober all over you?! Oh, and how the hell am I supposed to know anything about Addison's disease just because John Kennedy had it!"

Photobucket

7 Shout Out:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You go, Lisa! I rarely, RARELY speak my mind, but sometimes people need to know how unbelievably rude they're being. Of course, I doubt even if you had told her straight out, she'd have gotten it. I guess it's during those times that you just have to take a deep breath, count to ten and ask God to give you the strength.

Macey said...

Oh man, you are so right!
Does she think you'll think better of her and her dog because one of the Kennedy's had the same disease? I mean, you know, the Kennedy's are the royalty of America and all.
And hello, I would have been like, "Who gives a rat's ass if your dog shares a disease with JFK?" I say lucky it wasn't herpes or something like that if he really was obnoxious as it's rumored he was. And the fact that he had Addison's was also just that: a RUMOR. Duh.

Jen said...

People are clueless. I would so love to tell them what I think sometimes :) But then I'd be afraid they'd come after me. So I keep my mouth shut. One day, I'll 'go Sophia' on them. Maybe when I'm older. Like the old bat with the dog.

~~Mel~~ said...

Love your Sophia impersonation lol.

Xazmin said...

LOL! I know...sometimes being friendly with idiots is so draining!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

OMG - you are so funny! That cracked me up! What a weird lady. Seriously! And her dog had the same disease, that is so strange.

Thanks for brightening up my day Lisa! I hope everything is going well with you and your family. Have a super weekend!

XOXO
Jen

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

PS - I swear I was following your blog. But I checked and I wasn't on there... So weird.

XOXO
Jen

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin